A strategic approach to sourcing is essential for achieving immediate needs as well as for sustaining enterprise-wide cost reductions. Locating a supplier and pricing an item simply isn’t enough. Sustainable savings come from identifying cost-cutting opportunities, defining and executing a supplier selection process, and creating contracts that convert them into actual savings. And this requires being able to evaluate the total cost impact of sourcing decisions, while shortening the amount of time and effort spent on administrative tasks.
Effective supplier discovery and supplier information management are critical for the sourcing process to drive sustainable results, yet many organizations struggle to keep their supplier information current. Strategic sourcing provides the single greatest opportunity to impact the cost, quality, and performance of the supply chain and is among the quickest paths to lower costs and improved revenues. But increased globalization, soaring energy and commodity costs, and tightening supply markets have kept many companies from achieving their full sourcing potential.
Sourcing is designed to help companies overcome these challenges. A unique Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution, Ariba Sourcing is the most widely adopted and complete strategic sourcing offering in the marketplace used by thousands of companies to create and implement competitive best-value agreements.
By combining best-in-class sourcing and negotiation technology with access to a global network of suppliers and unparalleled strategy and category expertise, Ariba Sourcing enables companies of any industry, size, or geography to drive fast, sustainable results by automating and streamlining critical tasks across the sourcing lifecycle, including:
Strategy Development -
Identify savings opportunities, assess market dynamics, and develop an informed sourcing strategy
Sourcing & Negotiations -
Identify and qualify suppliers, negotiate best-value agreements, derive optimal award allocations, drive project collaboration, and standardize processes and manage knowledge
Monitoring & Managing Suppliers & Agreements -
Quickly implement supplier agreements, track and realize savings, and manage supplier performance
Sourcing delivers more frequent innovation to ensure speed, consistency, and repeatability and is proven to deliver tangible, bottom-line value for organizations of all sizes and industries, by:
- Sourcing $340 Billion in annual spend across 500 categories
- Saving $30 Billion annually
- Cutting process and cycle times by 50 - 70 percent
With our Sourcing solutions, you can integrate third party systems that use Web services and file channels.
RFX Creation and Management
- A broad set of RFX types, including RFI, RFP, reverse auctions, and forward auctions
- Integrated supplier discovery
- Rapid RFX creation
- Patented competitive bidding and timing options
- Sealed envelope bidding, Dutch auction, and total cost events
Sourcing analysis and reporting
- Project management
- Workflow and approval management
- Document management
- Knowledge management
- Resource management
Integration to third-party systems using Web services and file channels
Savings pipeline and tracking
- Integrated access to the Ariba Network, the world’s largest trading community for efficient and effective supplier discovery, qualification, risk assessment and more competitive negotiations
- Unique peer benchmarking program with dedicated customer success teams
- Access to Ariba Exchange, a unique community designed to drive networking and best practice sharing and accelerate adoption
- Expertise and best practices delivered via flexible delivery model ranging from onsite consulting to web-based templates
- Bundled Empowerment Support Services, including basic product support, event day management and sourcing support desk
Ready to get started?
Each year, more than 295,000 companies use Ariba Sourcing to source more than $340 billion in goods and services across 500 categories, to save more than $30 billion, and to reduce process and cycle times by 50 to 70 percent. Why not join them? To learn more about Ariba Sourcing and the results that it can deliver for your organization, visit www.ariba.com/Solutions/Sourcing.cfm, where you’ll find numerous.